Rosewood Hotels & Resorts® has revealed the 2018 edition of 12 Days of Rosewood, the brand’s annual holiday gift guide featuring 12 inspired travel experiences from Rosewood’s properties in Asia, Europe, and the Americas. Building off the inaugural 2017 gift guide concept, which featured specially-created journeys inspired by the culture and heritage of each Rosewood destination, the 2018 guide taps into the brand’s A Sense of Place® philosophy in new and unique ways with completely one-of-a-kind experiences that showcase undiscovered and often inaccessible elements of a locale through Rosewood’s distinct creative lens.
The gift guide has been thoughtfully curated to include a rich selection of journeys that will appeal to discerning travelers of all interests and curious explorers of all ages. From an exclusive and never-before-seen Renaissance-inspired experience at one of France’s most famous châteaux to a private surfing lesson with a rising star of the China Olympic Surf Team training for Tokyo 2020, and the ultimate hands-on interior design lesson from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy’s Thom Felicia, the rich collection of extraordinary and original journeys brings each destination to life through unparalleled access to local communities, guided by the world’s top tastemakers and experts across the fashion, philanthropy, sport, design, and art.
Among the new offerings in the 2018 guide are journeys that include experiences across two Rosewood destinations, creating a fuller and more immersive experience for the sophisticated traveler, as well as experiences that have a secondary package option, which provides an abridged preview for those who are not able to undertake the full 12 Days of Rosewood experience.
To bring these experiences to life, Rosewood has created a dedicated campaign mini-site featuring additional details, stunning photography and engaging short films for each experience; its digital content hub, Rosewood Conversations, will also showcase thoughtful interviews and behind-the-scenes commentary from some of the partners who have participated in this year’s edition. The campaign mini-site can be accessed at rosewoodhotels.com/12days.
“We launched the first 12 Days of Rosewood gift guide last year to satisfy the curiosity of the Rosewood traveler, who is more interested in finding inspiration and discovering different cultures through authentic experiences than accumulating material luxuries,” says Thuy Tranthi Rieder, chief marketing officer at Rosewood Hotel Group. “Following the success of last year’s guide, we are thrilled to offer a completely new collection of even more incredible journeys that offer entirely new perspectives and insight into our rich destinations around the globe.”
Rosewood’s holiday gifts will be available for purchase during the 2018 holiday season, to be redeemed in 2019. Highlights of the 12 Days of Rosewood collection include:
- Snap to It for the Most Awesome Private LEGOLAND® Adventure Ever (London, United Kingdom): The child gifted with this experience will be immersed in their very own LEGO® wonderland, including a visit to LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort, the official Lego-themed amusement park, via private helicopter, where he or she, along with up to 20 friends, will have the park entirely to themselves. The adventure continues at Rosewood London where the recipient will enjoy accommodations in a custom LEGO® deluxe suite at Rosewood London, outfitted with LEGO® creations of the city’s most iconic landmarks, including the London Eye, Big Ben, Tower Bridge and Buckingham Palace. Travelers will return home with a personalized LEGO statue. The two-night experience is available at Rosewood London from GBP125,000 / USD 164,100.
- Take Pole Position at the Mexican Grand Prix with Trackside Access to the Prestigious Paddock Club (Los Cabos, Mexico): A once-in-a-lifetime experience for auto racing enthusiasts and Formula One fans, the experience transports guests by private jet to the Mexican Grand Prix in Mexico City to watch the Formula One World Championships from unbeatable trackside seats. The package also includes VIP access to the Paddock Club, typically reserved for official sponsors and participants, and a meet-and-greet at the exclusive Champions Club viewing area, as well as a tour of the multimillion-dollar luxury motorhomes of the racers. Three-night accommodation in the Ty Warner Mansion at Las Ventanas al Paraíso, A Rosewood Resort from USD250,000.
- Capture the Fashion Zeitgeist in Hong Kong, Sit Front Row at Paris Fashion Week (Hong Kong, Paris, France): A fashionista’s fantasy, this stylish excursion takes travelers behind-the-scenes in the world’s ultimate fashion capitals, Hong Kong and Paris. The experience includes a private visit to up-and-coming fashion designer Anaïs Jourden Mak’s atelier in Hong Kong’s garment district, where guests will work with Anaïs to create a bespoke piece of apparel designed by her to take home, twinned with a standout signature suite stay at the newly-unveiled Rosewood Hong Kong – either before, or after, their visit to Paris! Recipients will travel to Paris in luxury via Cathay Pacific Airways to experience the designer’s fashion show, complete with exclusive backstage access and a stay in the palatial Duc de Crillon suite at Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel. Includes two nights’ accommodations at Rosewood Hong Kong and two nights’ accommodations at Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel from HK740,000 / USD94,000.
- Come Face to Face with Thailand’s Coolest Street Artist (Phuket, Thailand): Ideal for culture mavens and budding artists, the package showcases Phuket’s burgeoning art scene with a tour of Phuket’s Old Town, its historic architecture and vibrant street art led by Alex Face, Thailand’s most prominent street artist. Also included is a private graffiti workshop with Alex during which travelers will learn stencil and spray-painting techniques and create their own piece to take home, signed by Alex. Two nights’ accommodations in a beachside residence at Rosewood Phuket starting at THB475,577 / USD14,600.
- An Interior Design Guru Trains His Eye on Mexico’s Finest Artisans (Riviera Maya, Mexico): Offering inside access to Mexico’s most renowned makers of artisan goods and hand-crafted furnishings, the package includes a luxurious shopping and design adventure with celebrity interior designer and tastemaker Thom Filicia. The experience includes an excursion by private jet to Tlaquepaque, Jalisco, where travelers will visit Mexico’s top furniture and home décor designers and craftsmen with Filica as a guide, and a private design consultation with Filicia. Three nights’ accommodations available at Rosewood Mayakoba from USD62,000.
- Help Set up Cambodia’s Next Generation for Success (Phnom Penh, Cambodia): An enriching philanthropic journey, this gift invites travelers to join John Wood, the founder of Room to Read and a Rosewood Curator, and Phloeun Prim, executive director of Cambodian Living Arts, on their missions to improve child literacy and preserve traditional culture and art in Cambodia through hands-on activities with the local community. Four nights’ accommodations available at Rosewood Phnom Penh from USD6,500.
- Embark on a Mystical Journey of Healing and Spirituality in Laos (Luang Prabang, Laos): Travelers are invited to uncover traditional Laotian healing practices through this transformative, spiritual journey led by experienced healer and native Hmong villager Mr. Xong. The experience includes a trip to a remote temple for a meditation session with Laos’ most revered monk and an exploration of the local surroundings with Rosewood Luang Prabang’s culinary director to source ingredients for a personalized gourmet meal. Three nights’ accommodations in the new forest-enveloped Rosewood Luang Prabang starting from USD5,480.
- The Glamour of High Society and the Glossy World of Publishing Revealed by a Consummate New York Insider (New York, NY): Discover the glamour of New York City’s publishing world through a day in the life of quintessential New Yorker and editor in chief of Town & Country, Stellene Volandes. The package includes a gourmet lunch and behind-the-scenes tour of the historic Hearst Tower, where the lifestyle magazine is housed, as well as an exclusive shopping excursion with Stellene, a renowned jewelry expert, to some of the city’s most fashionable jewelry workshops and ateliers in the city. Available at The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel starting from USD18,000.
- Tack and Jibe Like an America’s Cup Sailor (Bermuda): Inspired by the fabulous maritime traditions of Bermuda, home to the 2017 America’s Cup, the gift includes a two-part private sailing lesson with former professional America’s Cup sailor Tucker Thompson. Travelers will transition from sail boat to luxury yacht and explore Bermuda’s spectacular waters before celebrating their new skills with a sunset dinner and champagne toast. Available at Rosewood Bermuda starting from USD 50,000.
- Go for Gold with China’s Olympic Surfing Talent (Sanya, China): The perfect gift for adrenaline junkies, this three-night experience includes a private longboard surfing lesson with China National Surf Team member Xinrui Wang on the best surf beaches in China. Boasting panoramic ocean views, the picturesque pool suite at Rosewood Sanya provides the perfect retreat after an invigorating day of sport with the Olympic star in the making. Three nights’ accommodations at Rosewood Sanya from CNY45,888 / USD6,670.
- Queen (or King) of the Castle – An Unprecedented Private Sojourn at a Legendary Château (Paris, France): For the first time since pre-Revolution France, the remarkable Château de Chenonceau, a 16thcentury masterpiece that has been home to a succession of notable women, will invite outsiders to enjoy an overnight stay as part of this extravagant French excursion. Highlights of the package include a roundtrip helicopter transfer to the castle, a Renaissance-inspired dinner by Michelin-star chef Christopher Hache paired with rare cuvées of Domaine de la Romanée Conti, bespoke oil tastings led by renowned aristocratic French house Maison Caulières, and a private performance by the Opéra de Paris ballet. Upon their return to Paris, guests will experience ultimate luxury over a night in the signature Suite Marie-Antoinette at Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel. Available at Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel starting from EUR150,000 / USD171,500.
- From Tuscan Vineyard To Beijing Gala: The Art Of Winemaking With Massimo Ferragamo (Beijing, China, Tuscany, Italy): An extraordinary journey spanning Italy and China, this experience explores the inner workings of Massimo Ferragamo’s iconic Zodiac Brunello di Montalcino wine. The gift includes a one-on-one harvesting experience with Castiglion del Bosco’s chief winemaker Cecilia Leoneschi including a once-in-a-lifetime helicopter tour of the newly opened and fully privatized Tenuta Prima Pietra vinyard in Tuscany. The journey continues in Beijing, where guests will work with a renowned Chinese artist to create a specially commissioned painting for the upcoming Year of the Rat (2020) vintage – a single edition, one-of-a-kind artwork that they will get to keep in addition to a coveted collector’s magnum edition of the six previous vintages and this year’s – before joining Massimo Ferragamo himself for a private wine dinner and gala celebrating the launch of his new wine. Three nights’ accommodations at Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco and two nights’ accommodations at Rosewood Beijing starting from USD65,000.
Gift purchase information and terms and conditions of individual packages are available at rosewoodhotels.com/12days.