- Edinburgh is home to the world’s most Instagrammable castle – with over 500,000 hashtags
- Three of the top ten most Instagrammable castles can be found in the UK
- Prague Castle in the Czech Republic and Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany make the top five
- Two beautiful Romanian castles – Bran and Peles – close the top ten
- Gwrych Castle – home to this year’s I’m a Celebrity contestants – has over 3,000 Instagram hashtags
As the 2020 series of I’m a Celebrity continues to work on Gwyrch Castle in Wales, it’s a safe bet that the site will soon become a tourist hotspot, with fans clambering to take a snap in the Grade 1 listed grounds. (To date, Gwyrch Castle has been snapped on Instagram 3,124 times!)
But new research by OnBuy.com has found Gwyrch is not the only castle that should be on your radar. In fact, there are ten stunning Instagram-worthy strongholds you should add to your bucket list today!
Top Three Highlights
In the number one spot is Edinburgh Castle, a historic fortress which dominates the skyline of Scotland’s capital city. Edinburgh Castle has 550,213 hashtags on Instagram, which is 11 times more than Romania’s Peles Castle in 10th place.
The stronghold in second place, Prague Castle (#535,769), has been a seat of power for kings of Bohemia, Holy Roman emperors, and presidents of Czechoslovakia, and it’s rumoured the Bohemian Crown Jewels are hidden deep inside.
Windsor Castle was not only the backdrop to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s 2018 wedding, according to OnBuy.com’s study, it is the third most Instagrammable castle in the world. The royal residence has been photographed 354,317 times on Instagram.