At Hampshire’s award-winning hotel, Chewton Glen, James Martin’s Kitchen Cookery School is now open! Complete with a packed schedule of varied classes for all levels, all classes are led by jolly Chef Tutor, Steve Bulmer (Yorkshireman with over 20 years’ experience at Michelin level restaurants and cookery schools including Belmond Le Manor and Swinton Park).
This Spring / Summer there are over 45 different classes, including:
- Pasta Pronto: Exhausted the Pasta Evangelists menu? This class goes back to basics teaching you how to make fresh pasta, filled ravioli, and simple sauces from a classic pesto to a quick Pomodoro (June 30th)
- A Bird in The Hand: Waste not want not, this class teaches you how to use every part of a chicken to make delicious meals from stock to sauté and spicy wings (June 2nd)
- Afternoon Tea Party: Learn to perfect the classic scone, dainty finger sandwiches and classic cakes. After a morning in the kitchen, settle down on the alfresco terrace with a glass of fizz and enjoy your creations (June 2nd / Aug 18th)
- No Smoke Without Fire: Perfect your BBQ skills in time for summer with this grilling experience. Alongside classic BBQ favourites, this class is about succulent salads, delicious dips and mouth-watering marinades (date TBC)
- Tour of Provence, Italian Road Trip andGreek Odyssey each teach you how to cook the classics from these Mediterranean favourites, from meze platters and bouillabaisse to tangy tomato sauces and arancini (June 11th / July 17th / July 7th)
- Alfresco Dinners: Teaches you how to prepare a menu ahead of time and cook multiple portions together, enabling you to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your guests, outside in the sunshine! (June 25th / July 8th)
- For Kids: Not forgetting budding chefs, The Kitchen offers junior and teen classes in the summer holidays with themes including cakes & decorating, fish, and how to use spice (throughout school holidays)
- Cook with James Martin: Coming soon!
Full calendar of classes > chewtonglen.com
Prices: Evening (£89pp) / half day (£110pp) / full day (£190pp) / kids (£55pp)